Corona.fo: 6 August the Guidelines for all travellers to the Faroe Islands were updated. All travellers are still required to get tested upon arrival. Furthermore all travellers should get a test on day six after arrival.
All travellers are given a pamphlet upon arrival stating the guidelines. Click here for the pamphlet.
The guidelines for travellers from open countries are as follow:
- After you are tested upon arrival to the Faroe Islands, go directly to your place of residence and self-quarantine until your test result is available (next morning).
- Take particular care on the journey from the airport or the ferry terminal to your place of residence.
- It is strongly recommended that you get tested on the 6th day after arrival. This test is also free of charge.
- Until the test result for the 6th day is available, you need to be particularly cautious and maintain the recommended personal distance of 1 to 2 meters, have good hygiene, use hand sanitizer and do not attend large gatherings.
- Be particularly aware of symptoms. If you experience symptoms, you should self-isolate and get tested as soon as possible.
- Avoid all places where it is difficult to maintain a personal distance.
Keep in mind that all travellers from banned countries need a recognised reason for travelling to the Faroe Islands. Without such reason travellers will not be allowed to enter. The list of open and banned countries can change on a weekly basis and all travellers are urged to stay up to date on the situation.